We have been hearing a lot lately about the desire of many to obtain Turkish citizenship for several reasons, most notably Turkey’s development at all levels, which has become difficult to ignore.
the strength of the Turkish passport, which is ranked 36th in the world and allows entry to 72 without the need for a visa, and 42 countries that the Turkish passport holder can obtain an entry visa upon arrival at the airport, and countries that grant electronic visas to Turkish citizens.
In this article, we will talk about the most prominent ways to obtain Turkish citizenship, the required papers, and how to apply for citizenship through the Turkish government’s electronic gateway without the need to go to state departments.
How can I obtain Turkish citizenship?
There are several ways to obtain Turkish citizenship that we mentioned in previous articles, including buying real estate worth 250 thousand US dollars, or investing by depositing in Turkish banks and buying bonds in specified amounts by the Turkish government, and Turkish citizenship can also be obtained by marrying a citizen Turkish or work permit for more than 5 years.
read also: Top 4 Investment Sites in Turkey
Or adoption, where the Turkish family has the right to adopt a foreign citizen who is not an adult and grant him Turkish citizenship or Turkish assets in the event that a child is born from a Turkish father or mother outside Turkey. Under the age of 18 and can keep his original nationality and benefit from free services in Turkey.
What are the documents required to obtain Turkish citizenship?
Applying for Turkish citizenship requires some important papers and documents, which are:
- A translation of the original passport certified by the notary public or the consulate of the country of origin.
- A translated and attested marriage contract if the applicant is married.
- Birth certificate of the husband, wife and children under the age of 18.
- Two passport-sized photos with a white background for each applicant.
- Registration sheet.
- Temporary residence permit.
- Health insurance for one year of residence.
- Real estate title deed (in case of requesting naturalization by purchasing real estate).
- Real estate appraisal report (in case of requesting naturalization by purchasing real estate).
- The bank receipt that proves that the full price of the property has been paid in the event of payment through a Turkish bank. In the event that the amount is transferred through a foreign bank, the receipt must be translated and certified by a notary. (In case of requesting naturalization by purchasing real estate).
How to apply for Turkish citizenship through the Turkish government gateway?
The Turkish government has recently launched the service to apply for Turkish citizenship through the Turkish government’s online gateway, which allows foreigners wishing to obtain Turkish citizenship to submit and follow up an initial application in the context of facilitating the application for Turkish citizenship and shortening the time and effort, not to mention shortening the packages of documents that were required in The former is due to the close association of the electronic gateway with the Turkish ministries and departments.
Applicants are required to fulfill the conditions of one of the above-mentioned categories after verifying his eligibility, freedom from any mental or psychological problems, his ability to speak Turkish sufficiently for his integration into Turkish society, his absence of any crimes or lawsuits, and proof of his ability to support himself. And his family, if any.
Applicants are also required to have good physical and mental health and to legally fulfill the conditions of residency for 5 years, and they are entitled to apply for naturalization only twice. Exceptionally, applicants for Turkish citizenship and Syrians holding a temporary protection card are not entitled to apply Electronically.
In the event that the applicant fulfills the conditions and is verified as being within the specified categories, he must take the following steps:
- Log in to the Turkish government gateway and log in by entering the identity number and the code for the site.
- Fill in the required data to complete the application steps.
- Submit the application through the online gateway of the Turkish government.
- The application process moves to the legal stages it passes before obtaining a result of acceptance or rejection.
- The application for obtaining Turkish citizenship is transferred from the Immigration Department to the Soul Department, which allows the possibility to follow up on the application electronically.
- Complete the security search in the file of the naturalization applicant accurately.
- Issuing an announcement of acceptance or rejection and transferring the decision to the Immigration Department.
- In the event of acceptance, the process of obtaining a Turkish identity card is completed by the Working Directorate of Personal Status.